Monday, April 28, 2008

A couple of stories...

Snoogle Steve: 

On Sunday afternoon Nicole & I took a drive out to South Surrey and on our way home we stopped at Babies R Us to look for a baby heart monitor for Matty & "special" pillow for me. I have been obsessing over this specific type of body pillow because I have been struggling with trying to keep four pillows around my body at night.  Matthew and I had tried to find one the other day... BUT the entire wall of body pillows was sold out. On Sunday they had two... yeah for me! I promptly bought the pillow and heart monitor and we went home! After getting the long snake pillow thing out of it's bag... i tried it out.. and took a nice afternoon nap!!! I love this pillow... and therefore it needed a name... Snoogle Steve! Snoogle Steve is amazing... not as great as my husband...BUT.... :) We tried the heart monitor thingy out... but no luck... it's not supposed to work until week 21... so i'll keep you posted! Matthew was pretty excited about it though!


New Camera:

So my camera broke when we were in Hawaii over Christmas.. :( So i finally got one from Best Buy!! It was on sale! So now i'll be able to keep a log of the Baby Bellie! Ya!

Mommy Brain:

Well, I have officially lost my marbles. Anyone who has spent any time around me lately has told me that I am a little spacey... stupid... slow or forgetful! I asked Nicole yesterday if I was completely strange and she said... "No, you are just funny". I think that just means that everyone is laughing at me :( Ha ha... no I think it's funny... because I sure am a space cadet right now!


Motorized Obsessed Husband:

My husband and Joel Robinson bought a Jet-Ski together... enough said.

Sunday Night @ Frogstone Grill

Thanks to our amazing cousin Bekah..  Sunday night, some of us cousins were able to get together for dinner and time to remember Uncle Robin. It was really nice to have a mix of the family getting together to talk and hang out. Some even wore their cowboy boots and hats from one year ago. I'm sure everyone's thoughts were with Auntie Jan, Billy & Bonnie, Julie & Dwayne and kids, Liana... and the brothers and their wives. Again, We love you Uncle Robin. 



16 weeks / 4 months (size of avocado):

Today I am 16 weeks along! I definitely have a belly but I'm feeling great! The baby is the size of an avocado and will start to move soon. I can't believe that it's already this far along.. apparently the baby doubles it's size in the next three weeks... I have to make sure to take pictures and measurements before it's too late! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for the good post! And YAY for Steve! He is your new BFF! Can't wait til the "doppler radar" works! LOL!

LOVES!!
AC

Christa Robinson | CCSR Interior Design said...

you are an idiot! seriously... i like laughed out loud!!! o brother! you are a doppler radio head!

loves ac!!! ha HA!!

Rachel said...

awesome update! that pillow looks great! i think i'm going to have to invest in one for myself :) feeling the baby is the coolest thing ever. pay attention for little "air bubble" type feelings, and that's probably it :)

Sara said...

I think you need to change the name of the pillow. I see the name Steve and think of my dad. I suggest Snuggly George or Horatio. Doesn't have the alliteration of course... but it also doesn't remind me of your Father-in-law. Hehe..

Anonymous said...

LOL - I too thought it was a bit strange that Christa named the new "man" in her life after her FIL! LOL! CREEPY!