Monday, April 21, 2008

SUN RUN/WALK

This weekend was a beautiful and cold weekend! On Sunday our firm decided to participate in the Sun Run. I unfortunately had not trained and was sooo not super keen on being the last one out of 60,000 people to cross the finish line! Nicole, Ayesha and I all took the west coast express in from Maple Ridge and met up with my co-workers and boss. We all started the race together... And it was really great to see so many people and hear the many bands cheering us on!  I was definitely in last place out of our group... but felt that I did ok!! I was proud of my 1:33:28 time and thankful to Jade who stayed behind and walk/ran with me (and baby perogie). I must have shacked the baby so much... I totally felt bad... but everything is fine... so that is good! I don't think my knees and back have ever been this sore... but at the same time i feel great that I did the whole 10 k (without cheating) Ya team!!! Nicole did amazing with a 64 minute time and Ayesha had a great time of 57 mins!! Congrats everyone who complete the race!!! Wahoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey cool, heard from Nicole you were there, congrads, wrote on the first blog, just found this, too fun, take care. grandma R

Anonymous said...

Jade WOK!!! is SOOO sweet to walk/run with you. She loves you!!