Thursday, June 26, 2008

Getting Some Flack...


So I haven't written in a while... I'm sorry I'm sorry!!! 

Here goes!

First off I had my second midwife appointment yesterday and they analyzed everything! Thank goodness!!! It was great news to hear that the baby is doing really well and that everything looks and feels normal. I had never gone through a full physical examination before and had my first one last night. It was very interesting and let me tell you... I learnt a bit more about myself than I thought I would! So... I have finally gone through every woman's right of passage... I wish I could explain more... but I think it's better to not get too graphic (wink) I do however have low hemoglobin... so steak and orange juice on the menu for me! The Baby is now the size of an Ear of Corn - and that happens to be my pregnancy craving... love me the corn!!!
Congratulations to Billy & Bonnie who got married in Hawaii on June 21, 2008! I can't wait to see their pictures - when I get one I'll post it!!! I bet they are absolutely beautiful!


I also had the pleasure of witnessing a dear friend of mine get married this past weekend. I was also a bridesmaid in her wedding party... which was very special. She looked absolutely beautiful... and it was one of the nicest weddings I have ever attended. The ceremony and reception were a genuine expression of who Tim and Heidi are as a couple and the love they have for each other. It was a very special day - and although it rained during their outdoor ceremony - it really made everything even more special! Congrats to Heidi and Tim RIETKIRK (I before E...except after C... note to self)!


I also only have one more month at work. I can't believe it has gone so quickly. For those of you who are wondering why I am leaving two and a half months before the baby is due... It's because my boss is also pregnant and therefore the training process for my temporary replacement needed to be in place before she has her baby. So we worked it out and I will be at home trying to stay busy and missing my job. I actually really love what I do and am really sad to be leaving. Here is a picture of one of the kitchens that I worked on for a project called Coast at UBC. I had very little to do with the actual design of this kitchen - but I worked on this project for almost four months... Crazy! But I will truly miss my CAD work dearly!

On a funnier note: Matthew has rekindled his romance with Star Trek. O my goodness... he tortures me with it every night - sometimes two or three episodes. So here is a funny comic... I really hope my babies' "Spock Ears" don't come in! It's a funny joke between us that the baby will come out and say (with hand gesture and all) "Live Long and Prosper" to true Trekkie form! Hopefully my Star Trek jokes have not offended anyone... as ST can be a very serious topic for some.


Well Friends and Family... I hope that everyone is happy and enjoying the periods of sun that keep popping up! Here's hoping for more of it! Also... a little update on Baby Deacon for those who do not know... he is at home with his loving Mommy, Daddy and "Big Broder" as Riley says.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the update! WOOWOO! It just goes to show you that peer pressure works!

~ AC