Friday, July 11, 2008

Blessed Be Your Name

In church this past Sunday we were singing "Blessed be Your name" where there bridge sings:

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name

I was thinking in that moment, Lord thank you for blessing us so much and please allow me to continue to Bless Your Name when faced with trials in my life. I was looking around and was wondering what others were struggling with and thinking about what has God given and taken away from the people around me... I didn't realize in that earlier that morning a very strong and noble man had been taken away from a family that I know and have grown up with. 

This family has been such an example to so many people that know them. They have truly chosen to Bless the Name of the Lord through terminal cancer and then through the passing of their husband/father. I praise the Lord for them and for what they have shown others about having faith in the Lord and knowing that his ways are the only ways.. no matter how painful. 

Tomorrow is the memorial service for a man who has been the strength and example for his family. I pray that God will do amazing things and that many people will be touched by a God who is so totally in control. Lord we bless your name... 




We will miss you... So thankful that the Lord gives back and we will see you one day soon.

No comments: