Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Update on Life!





I am now 18 weeks along and almost half way there (20 weeks is half done!!) The baby is the size of a Bell Pepper, measures almost 6 inches and weighs 7 ounces! I have been growing a lot lately too and feeling really good for the most part! Well... good in the body sense... "interesting" in the going crazy in the brain sense. I never understood what pregnant hormonal women go through when it comes to their emotions... and now I do. Since my last blog, life inside my head has been ... hmmm... NOT FUN. I have to say that not being able to react like myself is pretty frustrating for me and I'm sure others around me! (Sorry!!!) But as of Sunday I feel like I have a grip again... so hopefully that will last for a while!


On Saturday I finally went Maternity clothes shopping! I had gotten some stretchy pants from lulu... which had saved my butt for the past couple of weeks... but I desperately needed some clothes that didn't need the fly left all the way down!! So Matthew was kind enough to bring me to Yaletown to get some pretty jeans, a skirt and a nice top! Thanks LUV! So needless to say I feel much better... in the fashion way and the enough room for my big bellie way!!! 


Sunday was great... Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers I know... and especially these ones!!! It was fun thinking about being a mom next May! I can't believe it!

My mom
Carmen Dykstra
Mother To Me!


My Matthew's Mom
Iris Robinson
Mother to Sara Searle, Matthew Robinson, Megan Green, Nina Robinson, Philip Robinson & sometimes Stephen Robinson (JK)


My Sister in Law
Sara Searle
Mother to Jericho Searle & Malachi Searle


My Sister in Law
Megan Green
Mother to Riley Green & Baby on the Way



On Monday morning in my office meeting... I felt a tiny Baby Punch! It was exactly like someone very small just poked me from the inside out! That was a wonderful feeling which I
quickly shared with Matthew... he thought that was great! Yeah for exciting new phases in pregnancy! Looking forward to whatever else comes my way!!!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

YAY you felt your first baby kick! so exciting :) it only gets better when it does it more often. sometimes it can take you by surprise :) feeling "normal" will return soon, no worries!

Sara said...

Thanks for posting a pretty picture of me!! Yay! I can't believe you're going to be a Mommy soon too! You're going to have an amazing first MOther's Day. Glad you got to feel the babe, super cool!

Anonymous said...

that is sooo fun!! good for you and matt! grandma R

Anonymous said...

Christa, I love your updates, keep up the good work.