Monday, September 8, 2008

A few new stories!

Well well... The baby has dropped! Well not officially yet (midwife appointment on Wednesday) but it sure feels that way. It's great to have a little more breath in my lungs... but not so super to have a little more pressure on my bladder! Complain Complain... bad me!

So with baby getting into position this means that baby is also getting closer to joining us! Now only 5 weeks away... I'm getting the feeling that this time is going to fly by... So i have begun getting my hospital bag ready... with assorted "standard" goodies... would love any other suggestions that people found helpful during labour.

Matty & I completed our Pre-Natal course.... I must applaud him because it sure wasn't #1 or even #100 on his priority list. It was a pretty grueling experience for him... but he did wonderfully. We learnt a lot about the birthing process... (o my) and pain management techniques.. I found the class to be very helpful... but very very very long! O the joys!!!

So after this hospital bag gets assembled... it looks like we are really just waiting for baby to come.. and being that it is our first... well it might be a long wait! It's funny because Matthew can barely talk about the baby anymore... he finds it way too exciting and just wants it to be out now. He has learnt a couple of techniques now to induce/help bring on labour... and keeps trying to test them out... I have had to get a strong upper hand when this happens :)

Well we are going to be parents in a couple of weeks... our lives changed forever! I am still just wowed by this whole experience! Can't wait!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hospital Bag suggestions:

Music
Socks for cold feet during delivery
A button-up nightshirt to wear instead of those stupid hospital gowns
A hand-held mirror
Lots of camera batteries
A phone list
Food for you and your husband
Sparkling apple cider (labelled, so you can put it in the staff fridge)
Earplugs (I never brought them, but maybe they'd be a good idea)
Newborn baby outfits - more than one...
Carseat (it can come later)
Hand sanitizer